Subhead

A person in the world. An information professional. A feminist, humanist and occasional Latinist.
I like stuff and things, so I'm going to try to write about them.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aspirational Living

There are a lot of things I aspire to be.
I aspire to be a writer (of a blog or something longer). I aspire to be a good friend, loving daughter, and productive member of society.

I read a lot of blogs.
Blogs about friends who are Peace Corp Volunteers and Teach for America teachers. Blogs about celebrity gossip, feminism, motherhood, cooking, weight loss, and personal finance. No seriously, I read a lot of blogs.

I'm making a lot of declarative statements. There are things that I want in this world and I don't know if a blog is a way to help me get them, but maybe it's better to write down my thoughts than to let them collect dust. I loved writing a blog (and getting comments!) when I was abroad and now I've started one that isn't tied to a location, since sadly I'm not really tied to anywhere either.

In less than three weeks I'll be starting grad school, which will either be fodder for blogging or a foil to it. I don't know how busy, excited or overworked I'll be once my new schedule starts, but I'll try to keep this up. There are so many people in the world I'd like to stay connected to and maybe this is the best way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment